Because I know you are all dying to find out more about me and my ultra-sophisticated palette…Here I am behind the feast I dutifully prepared for Thanksgiving. I am smiling on the outside but on the inside I am thinking “eat.eat.eat.eat.” Cooking for 5+ hours straight turns me into savage girl.
I found this survey over on Tina’s site but I think she got it from another blogger. I tweaked it just a bit, you know gotta’ keep my stuff original, right?!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
unsweetened Almond Breeze
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I need some quinoa in my life (never made it!), lemon artichoke soup, and homemade hummus
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Salt and cinnamon-it’s a miracle.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I once dropped a 350 degree pumpkin pie on my leg, scar still there.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Smokra from Rick’s Picks
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a million recipes bookmarked on the computer…it’s not very helpful, as they are anything but organized. Often I just enter an idea into google and voila, I have a zillion recipes.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Garbage can except for recyclables, of course
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Apples, nut butter of some sort, chocolate covered pretzels
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
My mom used to randomly bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and my brother, father, and I would eat way too many and then dance around the kitchen in sheer joy. Dad could bust a move, y’all!
10. Favorite ice cream flavor?
I stick to regular ice cream of which any flavor any kind will do. I am very non-discriminatory in my ice cream loving. If I had to choose just one, I’d say peanut butter ice cream.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Let’s be real–the stove.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cinnamon or garlic.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The Joy of Cooking
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Apricot Preserves…love Bonne Maman
15. Favorite vegetarian recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Moroccoan chickpea cous cous or spinach, carmelized onion, and glazed peach on whole wheat pizza dough
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I love oatmeal and pancakes and eggs-I love breakfast.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Paper towels, a banana, and bagels
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Grapes, black-eyed peas, sandwich bread
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Bananas, apples, spinach, sunflower butter, greek yogurt, ginger chews
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Mac and Cheese, I have so many recipes to try for this one.
23. Food blog you read the most
[also intern for SE but before I got the position, I was reading multiple times daily. My love has only increased since starting there!]
24. Favorite candy/chocolate?
Tie between chile dark chocolate and Lindor truffles
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I spent $$4 on a tiny chai tea latte the other day because I am a sucker for pretty coffee mugs and swirling milk designs…damn you, talented barista!